Pucker up

Saturday, July 12, 2008

My life is an adventure!

So, to update, i am now officially in Texas!! I love it!!  But, as the title states, my life is an adventure.  It took us about 18 and a half hours to get here...after a little detoursome where outside Dallas for gas, and that was fun!  I finally got my house where i want it and things look good.  I was ready to greet my roommate Kathy, then she texts me and says that she got offered a management job...crap!  So, i go to work...(after a long weekend of worries weather or not i have a job, with many tears, phone calls, and prayers and fasting later) And ask if anyone is looking for a place to live?  This cute girl says yes... I have everything ready, she can move in anytime, she doesn't smoke, drink, or even have sex... I get to work today and she tells me that her mom doesn't want her to move out, cause she has 6 sibs, and her dad is in Iraq and how could she possibly take care of all her sibs...so, now i don't have a roommate AGAIN!!! for the second time in two weeks... so all of you pray that i can find a roommate (hopefully the eternal kind) or some way to pay the rent.  I know that i am in the right place, i pray that the Lord will help me find a way out of my adventurous life.   Oh, and not to mention that the kitchen here at the OG, is NOTHING compared to what it was in Illinois.  So, i haven't been able to get spaghetti out in less than 20 mins...and it only takes 2 mins. to cook!!!  And, my oven doesn't work so i have to guess what temperature it is at, and then watch it like i am cooking with fire.... It is not fun, but it is my life!! 

2 comments:

stephanie and sean said...

holy moly carrie what an ADVENTURE! It doesn't sound like a fun one either. I am praying that you will find a roomi (of the eternal kind) and that you can be taken care of :) I'm so glad you found a place you find cute and homey... that makes SUCH a difference :) It's good to have a little haven.

Anonymous said...

I hope everything works out for you! miss you!