Pucker up

Monday, November 24, 2008

Idaho

So, I made it. My friends think that I am brave, I think I am slightly crazy, my mom thinks I shouldn't have come, and that I need to take things slow.
I made it to Idaho!! I am here with Nate, and I haven't been raped, he is not weird, or even creepy. I am still trying to decide if the whole thing is real, and if he is what he says he is. I am still a little guarded, but trying to not be.
The first five mins were a little awkward. I got off the shuttle, and saw him. I thought, he doesn't look exactly like his picture, but he is still cute, and different. Then we hugged. It was good, but I was still trying to wrap my head around the idea that I was actually in Idaho, with Nate... (the guy I have come to know over the phone, and now I have to get used to him in person, is it still going to be the same? Am I what he wants and expects? Is this how it works? are all what I was thinking.)
We held hands as we drove, and Yes, we did kiss. It was just what I expected. (If you want more details you have to call...my mom reads this too.)

We are going to dinner tonight with my dad, and i hope that my dad behaves... I don't want to hear anything close to "What are your intentions with my daughter?" escape my dad's lips... yes, Nate and I have talked about it, but not in detail, and I still don't have a ring, so we are not there yet. I just hope to get my dad's opinion of Nate, and Nate's of my dad. I still feel good about the whole thing, and I am excited to see where it goes. I will keep you posted on how Thanksgiving with his family goes. (That is a whole new set of nerves, and indecision about what to wear...) I am happy to be here, and to see what happens.

1 comment:

Grandma Smith said...

So when do we get to meet him and of course Uncle Wayne wants to see the whole pedigree chart, blood test, and bishops name. I can't believe you are in Idaho and we haven't planned a time to see you yet. I have a whole new living room to see!! I'd be happy to pick you up or what ever it takes. Your bedroom is always open. Kinda. Call me and best of everything with Nate. Hope it goes the way you want.